The biggest VMUG UserCon is in two weeks in Den Bosch, the Netherlands. The event itself is highly recommended with around 1000 participants, a lot of sessions and vendors to interact with. You can consult the agenda here.
Blue Medora is a Silver sponsor, we will have a booth and my colleagues and me will be glad if you stop by for a chat or a demo and maybe you win a prize !
Register for attendance here.
New innovations announced for #VMware unified hybrid cloud platofrm
New Public Cloud Services and Software-Defined Data Center Solutions Enable Organizations to Securely Build, Run and Deliver Any Application
DevOps @ VMworld keeps getting better and better…
For the first time ever, there will be a DevOps mini conference at VMworld! This 3-day event will include 25+ developer workshops, guest speakers, and a live hackathon! Newly added to our keynote lineup is Steve Herrod, managing director at General Catalyst Partners. Register today with promo code VMWDEVDAYOR for free entry to the event!
Prove you’re an IT ninja by participating in this year’s 1st annual #VMworld hackathon!
Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd for our 1st annual VMworld hackathon powered by vCloud Air! Choose between participating in the open competition or vCloud Air challenge, prizes include: backstage passes to this year’s VMworld concert, iPad Air, Go Pro Hero 3, and much more! Register now to receive your promo code for free entry to the hackathon.
Need a reason to attend #VMworld 2015? How about the #DevOps mini conference..
DevOps @ VMworld 2015 US is three-day event at VMworld covering the latest industry DevOps technology, solutions, and leadership. Join keynotes Jez Humble, Kit Colbert, and Mat Stine and choose from over 100+ sessions on Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, and Ansible!
Check out the #VMworld 2015 Content Catalog… available today!
The Content Catalog allows prospective VMworld attendees access to the VMworld agenda, with the ability to peruse breakouts and note sessions of interest. You can search and filter to your heart’s content—by track, category, session format, industry, role, technical level, speaker name, location (US or Europe), and keyword search. You cannot schedule sessions in the catalog.
Cloud Client is a very handy command line interface to all the vRealize Automation APIs. In this new version you get support for multi-machine blueprints and exporting your Advanced Services work to a zip file, so that you can import it in another deployment. I will post some hands-on soon here. The offical features list:
This release includes the following enhancements compared to the CloudClient 3.1 release:
- Multi-machine support: You can now request multi-machine services, view the components of a provisioned multi-machine, and manage multi-machine blueprints.
- Advanced Services Designer content management: You can now export content from the Advanced Services Designer to a zip file and import the content package to another environment. You can select which items are included in the export.
- Network profiles: You can now view information about network profiles by using the vra iaas networkprofile list and vra iaas networkprofile detail commands.
- Command enhancements:
- The vra reservation list command now supports filtering on name, type, subTenantId, and reservationPolicyId.
- The vra catalog detail command output now includes the blueprint id so that blueprint details can be looked up by using the vra iaas blueprint detail command.
- Commands with –export parameters can now be written to stdout instead of a file.
- Many updates for improved error messages and handling.
- Session management:
- vRealize Orchestrator sessions are now persisted so that vco commands can be scripted without logging in for each command invocation.
- The option to persist sessions is now a configurable setting rather than always enabled.
- A new command, vra version, displays the vRealize Automation version for the current session.
- CloudClient 3.2 is compatible with vRA/vCAC 6.x and vRO versions 6.0.1 and 5.5.
For more information, see the release notes: https://www.vmware.com/support/vcac/doc/vrealize-cloudclient-32-release-notes.html
You can download CloudClient (along with its documentation and sample scripts) at: https://developercenter.vmware.com/web/dp/tool/cloudclient
Native #VMware CoreOS Support Opens Doors to Enterprise Data Centers
VMware on Monday rolled out native vSphere and vCloud Air support for CoreOS, the Linux distribution built specifically for web-scale data center infrastructure and application containers.
Q&A with Paul Strong: Part 2
Cloud Expo Europe is about to kick off and VMware’s Paul Strong will take to the stage this week (March 12, Keynote Theatre, 12pm) to discuss “ The Grand Challenge – Simplifying IT to Unleash Innovation”. We caught up with him in our previous blog post to find out what he’ll be discussing in his keynote. In the second part of our Q&A, Paul takes a closer look at how and why businesses should look at simplifying their IT.
RT @DuncanYB: EMEA friends, have you signed up yet for the launch event? I suggest you do so as there is some cool stuff coming: http://t.co/uG8MbnSdqR