Register for VMware What’s New With vRealize Operations Hands-on Lab
TGI Kubernetes 104: Kyverno
Come hang out with Duffie Cooley as he does a bit of hands on hacking of Kubernetes and related topics. Some of this will be Duffie talking about the things he knows. Some of this will be Duffie exploring something new with the audience. Come join the fun, ask questions, comment, and participate in the live chat! This week we will be looking at Kyverno a Kubernetes Native Policy Management tool.
If you’re like me, you like to dive deep into technology to learn how things work in the safety of a lab environment. I enjoy experimenting with a live lab. I’ll use the lab to look behind the curtain and see what’s going on behind the scenes. The safety of the lab allows me to The post Deep dive into VMware Cloud Foundation – Part 1 Building a Nested Lab appeared first on Cloud Foundation.
DevOps @ VMworld keeps getting better and better…
For the first time ever, there will be a DevOps mini conference at VMworld! This 3-day event will include 25+ developer workshops, guest speakers, and a live hackathon! Newly added to our keynote lineup is Steve Herrod, managing director at General Catalyst Partners. Register today with promo code VMWDEVDAYOR for free entry to the event!
Prove you’re an IT ninja by participating in this year’s 1st annual #VMworld hackathon!
Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd for our 1st annual VMworld hackathon powered by vCloud Air! Choose between participating in the open competition or vCloud Air challenge, prizes include: backstage passes to this year’s VMworld concert, iPad Air, Go Pro Hero 3, and much more! Register now to receive your promo code for free entry to the hackathon.
Need a reason to attend #VMworld 2015? How about the #DevOps mini conference..
DevOps @ VMworld 2015 US is three-day event at VMworld covering the latest industry DevOps technology, solutions, and leadership. Join keynotes Jez Humble, Kit Colbert, and Mat Stine and choose from over 100+ sessions on Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, and Ansible!
Check out the #VMworld 2015 Content Catalog… available today!
The Content Catalog allows prospective VMworld attendees access to the VMworld agenda, with the ability to peruse breakouts and note sessions of interest. You can search and filter to your heart’s content—by track, category, session format, industry, role, technical level, speaker name, location (US or Europe), and keyword search. You cannot schedule sessions in the catalog.
Cloud Client is a very handy command line interface to all the vRealize Automation APIs. In this new version you get support for multi-machine blueprints and exporting your Advanced Services work to a zip file, so that you can import it in another deployment. I will post some hands-on soon here. The offical features list:
This release includes the following enhancements compared to the CloudClient 3.1 release:
- Multi-machine support: You can now request multi-machine services, view the components of a provisioned multi-machine, and manage multi-machine blueprints.
- Advanced Services Designer content management: You can now export content from the Advanced Services Designer to a zip file and import the content package to another environment. You can select which items are included in the export.
- Network profiles: You can now view information about network profiles by using the vra iaas networkprofile list and vra iaas networkprofile detail commands.
- Command enhancements:
- The vra reservation list command now supports filtering on name, type, subTenantId, and reservationPolicyId.
- The vra catalog detail command output now includes the blueprint id so that blueprint details can be looked up by using the vra iaas blueprint detail command.
- Commands with –export parameters can now be written to stdout instead of a file.
- Many updates for improved error messages and handling.
- Session management:
- vRealize Orchestrator sessions are now persisted so that vco commands can be scripted without logging in for each command invocation.
- The option to persist sessions is now a configurable setting rather than always enabled.
- A new command, vra version, displays the vRealize Automation version for the current session.
- CloudClient 3.2 is compatible with vRA/vCAC 6.x and vRO versions 6.0.1 and 5.5.
For more information, see the release notes: https://www.vmware.com/support/vcac/doc/vrealize-cloudclient-32-release-notes.html
You can download CloudClient (along with its documentation and sample scripts) at: https://developercenter.vmware.com/web/dp/tool/cloudclient